Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Little Muenster


My three favorite foods are mac & cheese, grilled cheese, and pizza. In December, I discovered that I had a dairy and gluten intolerance, and my life basically lost all meaning.  My fantasies of homemade baked and breaded, gluttonously cheesy mac turned into torturous nightmares. Pizza translated to death. And grilled cheese? Just stop.

Then, I discovered the answer to all of my gluten-free prayers. A tiny LES h(e)aven called Little Muenster. This perfect hole in the wall of a restaurant specializes in one thing: grilled cheese. And while I don’t discount her amazing abilities as a chef, these aren’t your mother’s grilled cheese. I’m talking masterpieces like gruyere, goat cheese and leek confit with pancetta.  I’m talking butternut squash, brown sage butter and pecorino. Essentially, if you’re mouth isn’t watering already, you don’t have a soul.

How did I eat these? Well, Little Muenster not only takes gourmet to another level, they also offer all of these options with gluten free bread AND vegan cheese. What more could you ask for? Besides a warm bowl of tomato soup that is, which they also have.


Little Muenster can be found at 100 Stanton St, NYC, NY. (212) 203-7197, littlemuenster.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment