Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013


I just spent a solid hour in Whole Foods. Not even a casual, ADD hour but one that was focused and intent (except for the detour provided by the spicy food sample marathon that was occurring). All because on my day off, in the sleet, all I wanted to do was eat my feelings. I don’t even really have any feelings worth eating right now, but I found a brownie recipe that was sure to be life altering and so happened to be gluten and sugar free so I could pretend like I was making healthy life choices.

Do you know what possibly the WORST thing ever is? Getting home after dislocating your shoulder from cramming everything into one plastic reusable Whole Foods bag and trudging up a sleet covered brick hill, deciding that the lack of a pan to bake the brownies in can be substituted with a skillet, and a pot can become a mixing bowl, to realize THAT YOU FORGOT THE BAKING POWDER. I think that feeling might be even worse than the last breakup I had. It’s about four and a half punches to the stomach. Because no matter what, you can’t substitute baking powder with something else. Baking powder is the substitute for baking soda. Which I also don’t have. And we all know I’m not going back outside. Ugh. So now I’m eating my feelings with cheddar cheese and sesame rice crackers and debating wine while I make real food.

It’s nice to be back in the kitchen. To me, cooking feels like that scene in Bridesmaids where she’s all by herself and makes that one cupcake with such care. So basically it feels nothing like that except it brings me peace. Kind of like a calorie ridden yoga. It also feels lovely to be back to blogging about things I care about. No offense Bus2alps, it was real, but I would never blog about “we are all just people” if I didn’t have a once a week blog commitment. Blehhh. I’m embarrassed for myself. The only reason I’m not deleting them is because it would take away page views.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I’ve decided this is going to be a good year. 2013; the year of blogging, the year of Boston, the year of the hot Bod, and so forth.  I’m going to try and hold myself more accountable by making it public – I know, I know, how original, but whatever. So bring it on 2013. Let’s do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment