Monday, October 8, 2012

An ode to Barcelona




I know I’ve written about the fact that I like being a tourist, but this weekend really nailed that sentiment shut. Being able to guide the trip to Barcelona was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

There is nothing like going around a city in which you live with someone new. Someone who hasn’t seen the mosaic tiles of Casa Batlló. Someone who hasn’t had their breath taken away when walking into Catedral de Santa Maria del Mar. Someone who has never tasted patatas bravas.

There’s something magical about the small winding streets of the Gotico and El Borne. There’s something exhilarating about the wind in your hair while biking through the Parc of the Citadel. Something youthful about the candy land that is Parc Guell.



When you show someone around your city, and you see their amazement, their excitement, when you experience their physical response, it affects you as well. Maybe subconsciously, maybe blatantly, but all I know is I fell in love with Barcelona all over again this weekend. 

1 comment: