Monday, February 18, 2013

Lemon Goat Cheese Pasta


Today was one of those days. I just needed carbs. Not a piece of toast, not a cracker, but a massive bowl of pasta. This could in part have corresponded to the fact that I was slightly hungover, but I’d like to think it was more due to the kickass workout I had at the gym earlier. Either way, pasta was needed.

I fooled around with some inspiration I’d seen online and what I had in the fridge, and came up with this lovely dish. Super easy and really fast. The goat cheese adds a little comfort, while the lemon really brightens things up. I think adding chickpeas actually would have made it infinitely better and will be doing that with my leftovers. Or maybe even sundried tomatoes.

All it takes is some pasta boiled in salted water (I used quinoa pasta) and after its done, put about a cup of the water in a large saucepan, add in about 4 oz goat cheese, a bag of spinach, the juice of half a lemon and some zest from it, and stir to combine over medium heat until the spinach is wilted. Throw in the pasta, top with finely chopped walnuts for some added protein, and maybe a sprinkle of Parmesan, and voila! Carb craving satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment